About the Programme
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a professional programme in SCE which helps to develop knowledge and basics of working mechanisms of heavy tools and machineries and applies principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical Engineering course includes technical areas like distribution of electricity through generators, transformers, transmission lines, lighting and wiring in buildings. Mechanical graduate can enter into core industries of motors, automobiles, aircrafts and other heavy vehicles.Department offers following programs:
- International and national conference organized by Mechanical engineering department viz: National Conference on Green Building “ENERSTATE-12”, International Conference “ICEDET-16”, AND International Conference “ICEDET-17”.
- Numbers of students have been selected in Government and PSUs Job after Qualifying GATE Exam.
- Conduction of beyond curriculum courses such as
CNC Training, CAD/CAM, CFD, software training for designing to create Industry ready Professionals.
- Design and Fabrication of High quality unique projects beneficial for society and Industry.
- Mechanical Engineering department has established BMW Engine Lab in association with German Auto mobile giant to train students on various aspects of design and technology of BMW engine.
- Students have applied for Design Patent of Abrasive Jet Machine.
- 2nd Runner-up in ISHARE North Zone quiz competition sponsored by Hi-Tech.
- Student Won 1st Runner up of International Go-Kart Championship organized at Punjab.
- A Final year student, qualified IES-2018 Pre examination and will appear in mains.
- Number of students have published Research Paper in National and International Conference & Journals.
- Number of students have been selected for
higher studies to Foreign Universities.
- SIMULATION LAB
- PROJECT R & D LAB
- MACHINE WORKSHOP
- FITTING WORKSHOP
- FOUNDRY & WELDING WORKSHOP
- CARPENTRY, SHEET METAL AND BLACK SMITHY WORKSHOP
- THERMAL ENGINEERING LAB
- FLUID MACHINE AND MECHANICS LAB
- DYNAMICS OF MACHINES & VIBRATION LAB
- HEAT & MASS TRANSFER LAB
- CAD/CAM LAB (CNC)
- MACHINE HYDRAULICS LAB
- THEORY OF MACHINE AND DESIGN LAB
- REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING LAB
- CENTRAL WORKSHOP
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS (SOM) LAB
Apart from University Curriculum, we additionaly provide Specializations in the following areas :-
- Automation & Robotics
- Mechanical & Industrial Design
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)