About the Programme
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a 3-year course offered in Shivalik College of Engineering which involves professional specialization in the field of designing, Investigation, Planning, Assembling, Upkeep of mechanical structures and frameworks. Mechanical diploma graduate for SCE results in industry-ready staff and techniques, technologies, markets and employment patterns in Mechanical Engineering. Department offers following programs:
- International and national conference organized by Mechanical engineering department viz: National Conference on Green Building “ENERSTATE-12”, International Conference “ICEDET-16”, AND International Conference “ICEDET-17”.
- Numbers of students have been selected in Government and PSUs Job after Qualifying GATE Exam.
- Conduction of beyond curriculum courses such as
CNC Training, CAD/CAM, CFD, software training for designing to create Industry ready Professionals.
- Design and Fabrication of High quality unique projects beneficial for society and Industry.
- Students have applied for Design Patent of Abrasive Jet Machine.
- 2nd Runner-up in ISHARE North Zone quiz competition sponsored by Hi-Tech.
- Student Won 1st Runner up of International Go-Kart Championship organized at Punjab.
- A Final year student, qualified IES-2018 Pre examination and will appear in mains.
- Number of students have published Research Paper in National and International Conference & Journals.
- Number of students have been selected for
higher studies to Foreign Universities.
- SIMULATION LAB
- PROJECT R & D LAB
- MACHINE WORKSHOP
- FITTING WORKSHOP
- FOUNDRY & WELDING WORKSHOP
- CARPENTRY, SHEET METAL AND BLACK SMITHY WORKSHOP
- THERMAL ENGINEERING LAB
- FLUID MACHINE AND MECHANICS LAB
- DYNAMICS OF MACHINES & VIBRATION LAB
- HEAT & MASS TRANSFER LAB
- CAD/CAM LAB (CNC)
- MACHINE HYDRAULICS LAB
- THEORY OF MACHINE AND DESIGN LAB
- REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING LAB
- CENTRAL WORKSHOP
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS (SOM) LAB