About the Programme
Diploma in Civil Engineering in SCE is a 3-year long course in engineering, specializing in the design, construction, maintaining, and operating infrastructures. Including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.Shivalik Collerge of Engineering offers adequate exposure to students regarding concrete structures, quality control, material testing, construction management & entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures, extensive survey, building drawing, irrigation & bridge drawing, structural engineering drawing and software's used for civil designings like AUTOCAD & STAAD.Department offers following programs:
- Use of Various instructional methods: Such as Lectures supported by field training/exposure, Audio-visual methods for teaching, PPTs, Model building, Site visit within & outside the campus.
- Quality of laboratory experiments: Exposure to the students in software like STAAD PRO, AUTO CAD, E-TABS, PRIMAVERA etc. to enhance their knowledge of modern engineering tools as well as designing skills.
- Encouraging bright students: Encourage by giving Cash prizes and certificates, facilitating them to attend workshops/seminars/trainings outside the college campus.
- Best result in Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun.
- Number of students selected in government jobs in UKPSC, UJVN, SSC JE.
- Number of Students selected as Probationary Officers in RBI, SBI other Public sector banks.
- Number of students selected in NITs as an Assistant Professor after M.Tech.
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Building Material Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Building Planning & Drawing
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines Lab
- Advanced Survey Field work
- Geology lab
- Concrete Lab
- Structure Analysis –II
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Environmental lab
- Transportation lab
- Cad Lab –I