Engineers must possess pragmatic decision-making abilities, skills to comprehend and analyze large amounts of information and develop sound business strategies to meet the current industry demands
The demand for technical students with good managerial skills and leadership qualities is th need of the hour but in this era finding one ideal candidate suitable for such a post in very difficult so, at Shivalik, we not only make strong potential engineers out of students but we also make them good managers and leaders who can lead in any organization and shine as technocrats.
The demand for engineering professionals continues to rise at a rapid pace. Like any other industry, as this field evolves, so will the need of the employers. Apart from the technical know-how, engineers would need various soft skills to survive the cut-throat competition and advance in their careers.
Therefore, to meet the job demand, engineers must possess pragmatic decision-making abilities, skills to comprehend and analyze large amounts of information and develop sound business strategies. Top managerial positions come with some additional responsibilities like managing teams, projects, and budgets.
To perform their duties effectively, they need to have a strong set of business skills. These add-on skills will equip engineers to meet the changing workforce demands and gain a competitive edge. Given below is the list of skills that can help engineers to be active contributors in business decisions:
- Effective communication: Since an engineer's job is technical in nature, it can sometimes be difficult for others in the organization to understand his or her true impact. An engineer must know how to simplify complex information and articulate it effectively across the organization to succeed
- Management essentials: Managerial abilities are a must for engineers who aspire to lead a team and climb the ladder of success in their organization. Understanding what motivates colleagues, open to new ideas and effectively implementing business strategies, developing learning initiatives that can help the organization evolve are some of the essential skills that can take an engineer's career to the next level. so Shivalik has a closely designed curriculum that helps them in enhancing their managerial skills and be a manager and too of an understanding nature
- Creativity: Generally, an engineer's day-to-day work involves solving complex technical issues. While working on these intricate problems, it is important that you can think outside the box. Creativity is one of the top business skills that are vital for the success of any business organization or career. Shivalik regular seminars, classes events, and other club activities help the students have their creativity by art and craftwork by having outdoor sessions where they are given real-life cases and their outcomes and steps taken are closely measured and noted and a better insight to the case is given by the professors
- Financial accounting: A fundamental knowledge of financial accounting can be helpful in the long run. This would help the engineers measure the impact of total work in terms of revenue, evaluate the cost of projects, and better understand the organization's overall budget and profits and here at Shivalik weekly classes are held for the students right from their 1st semester to help them understand better the need for such skills and their efficient use
- Negotiation: Engineers must possess negotiation skills to succeed in the business world. and Shivalik provides weekly classes with experienced professionals from the industry that work on a particular skill set of the students throughout a semester and by the time the students are a graduate their skills are polished and they are industrially ready to lead and follow negotiation skills help the business to grow and expand by attracting long-term customers and clients. Keeping the above-mentioned skills in mind, Shivalik offers the students with seminars by industrial professionals that help the students understand the better the need of the hour.
Managerial abilities are a must for engineers who aspire to lead a team and climb the ladder of success in their organization