About the Programme
BCom or Bachelor of Commerce is a three-year undergraduate course which is the second most popular undergraduate course in the Commerce branch.
In the BCom course, students are taught core subjects related to commerce and finance. In the three-year duration programme is usually spread over six semesters during which the student is taught topics like financial accounting, corporate tax, economics, company law, auditing, business management, Indian Economics, etc.
B.Com is the best option for students who want to make a career in commerce, accounting, finance, banking and insurance. BCom is also ideal for those who wish to pursue Company Secretary ship, Cost Accounting and Chartered Accountancy.
After completing BCom, students can also pursue career in management, teaching, advertising, Civil Services, Insurance, Stock Market law, journalism, mass communication, design, etc.
Why to Pursue B.COM
- You will be in an advantageous position if you pursue for commercial courses like CA, CS.
- You will get an idea about business functioning and different aspects of entrepreneurship.
- If you study in depth you will get to know about compliance procedures for different business models.
- You will get the knowledge about financial market and risk management and you can learn about stock market investment and trading.
- Many courses like CFA provide you with international exposure.
- Economy: You will have clear ideas on how our economy has evolved from barter system to digital payment
- Business: How a business firm operates in order to generate revenues is taught in commerce curriculum.
- Financial Literacy: When you study commerce you’ll get the basic knowledge of finance.