About DIY-Institute Innovation Cell:
A DIY-Institute Innovation Cell is a space and set of protocols for engaging young
people (both students and faculty) along with technologists and civil society in
developing innovative product and problem-solving.
- Create a culture of innovation and creative problem solving in the Institute.
- Evolve and develop innovative ideas/designs primarily addressing the local issues
that need low cost solutions.
- Nurture and advance the culture of design and innovation in the region so as to
impact the quality of human life.
- Impart design-based education and practice systematic design approach through
- Create an ecosystem to facilitate students and faculty members to take their
innovative ideas from classroom/lab to market/people and vice-versa.
- Provide a platform for the industrial collaborators to encourage new Product
Development/Problem Solutions in the campus using in-house facilities.
- Organize Faculty/Student Development Program to make aware about innovation and innovative ideas on regular basis.
- Creating Innovative Project/Problem Solutions by involving faculty members, Industry Experts and students from different streams.
- Industrial Consultancy by Involving Industry (for their Problem Solving).
- Technical Paper Publications
- Patent Filling of innovative projects.
- Recognize and award an innovative project.