The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to
improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning process.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and
administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Quality Assurance Report (QAR) to be submitted to NBA/NAAC based on the quality parameters.
Operational Features of the IQAC
Quality assurance is a by-product of ongoing efforts to define and implement the Vision, Mission,Goals
and objectives of an institution, to have a work plan to achieve them and to specify the checks and
balances to evaluate the degree to which each of the tasks is fulfilled.